Powermac or MB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by motormouth2416, Nov 1, 2007.

1. motormouth2416 macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy another mac to replace an aging PC I have, and have been looking at a Powerbook G4 1.33GHz 12" with 768MB RAM and a 60GB with a SuperDrive, Bluetooth and an airport card. Total cost would come to $699.99. All I need to do is surf the web, word process and play some moderate-performance World of Warcraft. Do you all think that such a powerbook would be able to handle WoW at moderate settings with decent FPS (20+)? Or should I save up more for a used macbook?

2. sportsnut macrumors regular

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

Agreed, buy from apple refurb and make sure that you get the ones with the x3100 graphics card

4. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

my pb is a lil bit faster than the one you listed and while it is sufficient for most of my activities, its not able to multi-task like the macbook (obviously). but, i do prefer the form factor of the pb that much more than the macbook.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

no, I don't think the PB could handle WoW at decent settings. my gf's old 1.25 Ghz powermac g4 couldn't, and that powerbook is about the same amount of power. It'll play, but not 20+ fps, especially not with settings even somewhat high.