Powermac Price - Is This Reasonable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by viper1701, Jul 18, 2007.

1. viper1701 macrumors newbie

I am posting my PowerMac G4 on Craig's List, and I am not sure of the price. I want to ask $600 based on the info I found at everymac.com. Am I crazy to ask this much?

Here is what I posted on Craig's List:

Apple PowerMac G4 Quicksilver, 17” Cinema Display, Wacom Tablet - $600 (Arlington, MA)

Apple PowerMac G4
    * OSX Tiger 10.4
    * 867 MHz Processor
    * 768 MB RAM
    * 120GB Maxtor HD
    * SuperDrive (DVD-R and CD-R)
    * Airport wireless card (802.11B)
    * USB 2.0 card
    * Bluetooth adaptor
    * Apple Pro Keyboard with USB cable extension
    * Wacom Graphire Tablet with mouse and writing pen

Original Computer Specs: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/stats/powermac_g4_867_qs.html

Apple Cinema Display
    * Measures 17” Diagonal
    * ADC connector
    * Bright, vibrant color
    * 2 USB ports on back

Display Specs:
    http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_studio_display_17_fp.html

I am selling my PowerMac after finally trading up to a MacBook Pro. The G4 still runs flawlessly, and it is in extremely good condition. I have upgraded the RAM and HD to keep it current, and it still handles Photoshop, inDesign, and even video editing quite well.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Is this a single or dual processor?

Edit: DOh, Quicksilver!

I think $600 may be a bit high for that machine despite the upgraded ram and hard drive. Maybe somewhere between $400-$500 since you're including the cinema display.

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Everymac estimates are very high. That Powermac is worth about $200-$250. The ACD is about $100.

I don't know the size of your Wacom, but for 4x5 I would say $50-$80, and for 6x8 $125-$150.

So I would say on the high end of things, $500. You also have to consider, not many people are going to want a 17" ACD. I think you would make more by parting it out. Because someone is gonna want to have that bundle to buy it. If I was looking for a Powermac and had $500, i would pick up a MDD or something. So you have to keep that in mind. Good luck.