Powermac

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I have a question, currently i have a mac mini 1.42 with a gig of ram in it. But i of course want more power. so iam looking at the powermacs... but i wondering if i should get a Dp 2.0 or a single 1.8. i dont do any graphic work but i do encode avi's and mp3's would the DP 2.0 make a noticable diffrence?

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
The 1.8 isnt on the UK site anymore.

Plus, if you are going to spend £1000 on a PowerMac, you would be crazy not to add £145(something around that) to get a 200Mhz CPU speed increase, and another whole 2Ghz CPU.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
RobHague said:
The 1.8 isnt on the UK site anymore.

Plus, if you are going to spend £1000 on a PowerMac, you would be crazy not to add £145(something around that) to get a 200Mhz CPU speed increase, and another whole 2Ghz CPU.
Which is actually DUAL

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
EvilDoc said:
i was checking out the refurbs and some other apple retailers... i proably wont buy untill december-ish thanks for the info
I'm thinking by Decemeber we'll have seen a new crop of PowerMacs - at least I hope we do....

D

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
when apple release new power macs what happens with the old ones? what i mean is do they just off load them to other retailers? like the SP 1.8? and do those models price go down at all?