Powermax.com- Legit stuff?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghostlyorb, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I saw a post today that said they bought a Mac Pro from powermax.com and it is great. I went there and I see you can buy brand new computers and insanely cheap prices! Has anyone used this site and have had no problems? If so.. I might just order from there...

2. CSHawkeye81 macrumors member

I bought some software from them in the past, great company. Ran into no issues at all!

3. flat4 macrumors member

I bought G4 and G5's from them brand new. Very legit.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I think powermax have been around forever, I remember they had several pages with ads in every macworld magazine mid'90s.

6. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Powermax is real and a bit over a mile from where I work. They don't have a retail storefront. They are a division of Computer Stores Northwest which also owns the regional retail chain The Mac Store.

(I've never purchased from either as there is an Apple Store even closer to where I work.)

7. rkuntze macrumors member

I don't deal with PowerMax.com:mad:

I sold them a couple of powerbooks pre MBP and they high balled me on what they would pay for them, then when they had them they low balled me on what they actually paid. Found all kinds nit picking problems--they were used, after all--some legit and some not.

Purchase a new bto MBP from them at the same time. No problem with the machine it came directly from Apple.

Billing was a nightmare that lasted a couple of years. First I had a credit, then I owed them money, then they claimed they hadn't billed me for an item when I had credit card receipts that showed I had paid every time I ordered anything.

I understand that the same people are still there.

So be warned.:(

8. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

I've purchased a MBP from them and had a smooth experience.