PowerMax MacBook Air Ship Times?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bgkev, Aug 17, 2011.

1. bgkev macrumors newbie

Hello MacRumors Forum,
    I ordered my MBA 13 inch 256 GB drive on July 25th with Powermax, because my 2008 MBP pre-unibody is finally reaching its end of service with me. At my new position, I find myself running between 4 server rooms, not to mention expecting monthly travel to multiple data centers around the US. I am excited for my new purchase, but have heard nothing regarding ship dates. I read on this forum that Re-sellers have to wait behind Apple Stock... does anyone have any good news? This wait it killing me ;)

Thanks Everyone:apple::):apple:

2. jetlife2 macrumors regular

jetlife2

Ask them

I have personally had good success with Powermax and recommend them. Certainly you should contact them directly. Just call. They are good people and will get you the answer.

3. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

They dunno

The last message I got from my personal sales person at PowerMax was

Well no good news, in fact this is what I got from purchasing this morning: "MC966LL/A MACBOOK AIR 13.3" DCI5/1.7 4GB/256 FLASH - out of stock, none shipped, no ETA"

Which is disheartening. I was kinda hoping someone here on the Forums would have some information... :(:apple::(

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

When they have the item in stock, they turn your order around very fast. If it's not in stock, you are at the whim of the shipping Gods, like everyone else...

5. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I just received my 11" today from PowerMax. The best way to tell if they received them in stock is to click on the computer you ordered. If it says "call" they are not in stock but if it says 1+ then yours is on the way. Check it daily. I was lucky and they had mine in stock. i5 128SSD. But the Ultimates and CTO's are less in supply.

6. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Checked in today

No news. I guess I'll just keep waiting. Just keep waiting.

Thanks for letting me complain.

7. redknives macrumors member

Same problem here

I'm in the exact same boat - I ordered that unit on July 27th.
    I'm irritated but not with PowerMax; I have dealt with them in the past and they're giving me good money on trade-in. The only thing I am considering is moving to the in-stock 11".

8. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad I'm not the only one in this boat, redknives

Will you update this thread if/when you hear anything please? I'm happy to return the favor.

Now if we could just figure out when...

9. dsio macrumors regular

Completely OT, but what do you do in server rooms that doesn't require an ethernet port?

10. redknives macrumors member

I'll post when I hear something but I'm going to try (within reason) not to bother them again. Last week they said they were hoping to receive them this week.

11. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Reply to dsio

Mostly serial connections to Terminal servers and console ports of downed equipment...

Its complicated ;)

12. dsio macrumors regular

Ahk, I have probably a very similar job and it was the lack of ethernet that was the problem with the air for me most of all but I guess if you're needing serial ports more often you're stuck with a USB dongle either way so that makes sense.

13. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly, and if I could carry around a laptop that weighs less than 10 lbs, I'll be a happy BGKev

14. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Checked in this morning

I really don't have nay news on MBA's yet... getting ridiculous at this point don't you think?! :( :apple: :mad:

15. KPOM macrumors G5

That was the issue I was running into last year when the 2010s came out. I'm not sure why, but it seems that it takes PowerMax longer than other resellers to get new products in when they are first released. They are nice people and their trade-in program works well (and nets about the same as eBay minus all of their auction and PayPal fees), but they are better for buying a product mid-cycle rather than after it's first released.

16. redknives macrumors member

Thanks for the update.

17. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Sent an email to Powermax

I'll post the feedback I get today ASAP. Heard anything? :apple:

18. PowerMaxNW macrumors newbie

PowerMaxNW

From PowerMax

Have you contacted your sales associate to inquire into shipping times? If you would like to e-mail me the e-mail you used to place the order, I would be happy to check on it for you.

We appreciate your patience and value your business greatly.

Kelly
    kelly@powermax.com

19. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Kelly, I sent you an email directly, skipping the macrumors forum emails.

20. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Is there a reason that you didn't order from Apple or went to a store? Tax-free I'm assuming?

21. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

The trade in program, specifically. I have an older macbook pro and a macbook, that I wanted to trade in for Credit on my purchase. I could do that with PowerMax.

22. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Apple also as a credit system like that - old macs and windows-based computers. You give them your computer and they give you a gift card.

23. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

True, but powermax outbid them significantly. Thanks though. I'm happy with powermax, would just like them to be supplied more effectively. I'm sure time will fix it.

Besides, with amazon's huge order shipping, supplies must be coming in.

24. bgkev thread starter macrumors newbie

Shipping today!

Just got an email confirming I'm ready for my new MBA. Should arrive tomorrow. SO EXCITED!

bgkev :D:apple::D

25. redknives macrumors member

I haven't heard anything. Dang...

----------

I just realized you ordered the 1.7ghz i5; I ordered the 1.8ghz i7. Still no word.