Powermax trade-in program I need help.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrgeek, Oct 25, 2009.

1. mrgeek macrumors member

I have recently interested trade-in program to get a new or refurbish macbook pro 13.3".

A month old Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Aluminum
    13.3-inch 1280-by-800 pixel LED-backlit display
    2GB memory
    160GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Built-in iSight camera
    Standard keyboard

To trade for:

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    2GB memory
    160GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    SD card slot
    Built-in 7-hour battery
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
    Illuminated keyboard

Do you think that trade deal is possible? This is a long process to confirm my macbook value in powermax. My macbook aluminum is in excellent condition plus this will cost me less to purchase macbook pro.

2. rkuntze macrumors member

Bad experience with PowerMax

I have sold/traded up two MacBook Pros with PowerMax. In both instances they always found something wrong so that the original quoted price was never what they ended up paying.:( They quote you wholesale for your MacBook and then the repairs they quote are retail. So they end up paying less (considerably) than they originally quoted. When I questioned the reduction of the price they never responded. Their bookkeeping also sucks. I ordered a BTO machine and an Elgato Hybrid EyeTV and paid the balance they quoted. :confused:Months later they said they made a mistake and I still owed for the Hybrid EyeTV. I had paid them what they said was the balance so each month when I get their statement it goes into the shredder. Beware:mad: