Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Hy

I recently noted that when I activated PowerNap on battery, it would (after a small amount of time 5 min -> 1 hour -> a day, at random), disable itself (at least, the checkmark for it would be unchecked).

Does anyone know a "fix" or reason for that?

Also, when I unmount my HDD, but leave it plugged in into my rMBP, close the lid, so my rMBP would sleep, it would (when using PowerNap on AC power) "wake" (to do stuff like checking e-mail etc), it also mounts my HDD and backs up to it, but then, when PowerNap has done it's thing, it would go back to sleep, but it won't unmount my HDD and it would when I wake it up, give the following error message:

(does anyone knows of a program that will unmount all HDD's when the sleep command is triggered? even in PowerNap?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 12.02.42.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 12.02.42.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 216

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Well just eject the drive by moving it to the trash. The trash can will turn in to a eject icon.

There is no way that I know of to eject drives at sleep or see a need.

also power nap only works while pluged in

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Well just eject the drive by moving it to the trash. The trash can will turn in to a eject icon.

There is no way that I know of to eject drives at sleep or see a need.

also power nap only works while pluged in

there probably is a program for that, somewhere,
I'm gonna search for it later.

ps: no, you can use it on battery power:

Attachments

• battery.png
    battery.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.