Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
Sorry to bring this up again, i know there are threads about this already, but they are like 500 posts long! :eek:

i was hopeing someone could please let me know if there is any expected/guesed dates when Apple will put the PowerPC 970MP chips in the PowerMacs?

I imagine this will be the final upgrade to the PowerMacs before the Intel chips, so i hope to be able to get one for myself before i leave uni next june and loose my student discount.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Basically no one has much of an idea but it should be in 2005 maybe even as soon as the end of this month at the Paris Expo.....

Have to wait and see ;)

SHadOW

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
shadowmoses said:
Basically no one has much of an idea but it should be in 2005 maybe even as soon as the end of this month at the Paris Expo.....

Have to wait and see ;)

SHadOW

Paris Expo isn't at the end of this month it's September 20th. :)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Sorry my bad, i thought it was the end of august because that's when it was last year when the iMac G5 was released......

Well as we have seen Steve Jobs is likely to keynote at the event on the 20th of september so we may see it there..

ShadOW ;)

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
will be interesting to see what apple have got for us at the Paris Expo :)

hope there is somthing good new that will prehaps be the final step before the intel switch.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
JasonGough said:
will be interesting to see what apple have got for us at the Paris Expo :)

hope there is somthing good new that will prehaps be the final step before the intel switch.

PowerBooks will be updated:

12"
1.58GHz G4 7447A
512MB RAM on board
Same 64MB graphics card as the 15" PowerBook
Dual Layer on SD model
price drop

15" Combo
1.58GHz G4
price drop

15" Super Drive
1.7GHz G4
Dual Layer Super Drive
price drop

17"
Dual Layer Super Drive
Price drop.

Notice how cautious I'm playing it, that way I can either be surprised or brag how I picked it, it's a win-win.

iTunes 4.9.1
support for new music stores (iTMS Australia - well, not got my hopes up but hey, I have to splash out somewhere in a prediction)

No change to current iPod line-up, just a lot of talk about sales. Maybe a small price drop.

Show off the iTunes phone (should be out by then)

Maybe the addition of "Sheets" to iWork as a free download to current owners and included in boxes, "shipping today."

Talk about the switch to Intel (god, nearly typed iNtel) a bit more about what is in store from a consumer point of view.

Mighty Mouse - Steve shows his contempt for this product by tossing it between his hands before shrugging his shoulders and saying "ergh, morons" under his breath (I have one by the way, love it.)

One more thing....

A sneak peak at 10.5 with new features including an updated finder interface and spots instead of stripes for inactive Carbon windows (Cocoa will stay with stripes just to make it seem more chaotic on the interface side of things)

Steve exits to a polite golf-clap and the crowd exit to find some food and drink to revive themselves.

:D ;) :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.