PowerPC apps issues...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by delwynnpawn, Jul 1, 2011.

1. delwynnpawn macrumors newbie

delwynnpawn

So, I have an installer for a game that seems to rely on Rosetta for it to work on my Intel machine, my problem now is, can there be any way/turnaround for this so I can try this game on Lion? :confused:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Nope, there is no way to get Rosetta or PPC apps working on Lion. If the installer package requires Rosetta, then the game most likely does as well.

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Not at all. FCS2 requires Rosetta to install, not to run. Same with Office '08. With such huge, expensive, and mainstream software packages working like that, it would not be surprising to see some games the same way.

If the game is installed right now, you can get info on the application and see if it's Universal or not. If it is, and you upgrade in place, you'll be able to run it under Lion (barring any graphical issues or other random quirks that come with running games on OSs more advanced than when the game came out).

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

5. capoeira4u macrumors member

Hopefully all of these incompatible apps will update soon. I upgraded to Lion DP a month ago and immediately 6 of my app and games no longer work.

6. delwynnpawn thread starter macrumors newbie

delwynnpawn

Your correct, though the installer requires rosetta, that game doesn't. What I did is I installed it with one of my machine running Snow Leopard then copy the game folder into the machine running Lion. The game works now. Thanks for all your replies. :)

7. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

8. alienatf macrumors member

My ISP's universal app doesn't run

9. mackid1993 macrumors member

I would not be surprised if at some point, someone writes a piece of software to replicate Rosetta in Lion, but for now you are pretty much sol. You could try installing it on an SL machine and then copying all of the files over to the Lion one.