PowerPC Desktop wallpapers?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RedCroissant, Aug 31, 2013.

1. RedCroissant Suspended

Hello, PPC Forum!!!

Does anyone have or know where to get desktop wallpapers that are simply pictures of PPC Mac Logic boards and/or the PowerPC CPUs? I'm trying to do something fun with GeekTool and can't find one that's good enough(as in the right resolution of 1920 x1200).

Thanks in advance!

2. RedCroissant thread starter Suspended

Hey E,

I tried Google,along with Bing image search and even on Deviantart. There hasn't been one that has been a large enough resolution or one that focuses on the CPU or the board. I was hoping to have the board/CPU up there so that I can fill in the information where all the labels are.

3. eyoungren, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I used the "Large" setting on Google Images. Usually that starts at 800x600 and goes up from there. I've seen images as large as 2500xwhatever. Just depends.

I'm guessing nothing in the link was that large then or anywhere close to your requirement?

The only other options I can give you are two freebie stock art sites, but I don't know if they will work for you or not.

StockXchng (sxc.hu).
    Morguefile (morguefile.com)

The StockXchange has been around since about 2001 or so and should have a bunch of stuff. Since you aren't using anything commercially you can get away with downloading anything. You have to create a free account though if you want to download something. No idea if they have what you want though. Interestingly enough though, the site got bought out by Getty Images several years ago.

The Morguefile has far less images, but it always surprises me and usually has something I want, so IDK. Both worth a shot anyway.

P.S. Just remembered! You might want to try ImageAfter. This site has a BUNCH of crazy textures and other crap of junk and interesting material. I doubt they have what you want but you may find something else.

4. Wildy macrumors 6502

There's a really nice macro shot of a PM G5 logic board and exhaust fan - I'll see if I can find it.

5. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

6. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

7. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

8. RedCroissant thread starter Suspended

Hey again!!

ImageAfter was the right one and I think I have some options there. They even showed up on the first page of the search!

That would be awesome!

No, it's not a board shot but I am going to use that as part of a different project.

Well I didn't find images of a processor on there(at least not large enough for what I want to do) but there is a bunch of awesome stuff on that site!

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Cool! Glad I remembered that site.

You tend to pick up a few things when you're a designer for a company that doesn't have a lot of paid art sources. All of the one's I named have licenses that allow the work to be used in any form commercially (just with the StockXchng you have to make sure it's the public license). Grabbing something from Google can get your boss sued and you fired, but in your case none of this applies.

ImageAfter has been around since 2002 at least. Always a bizarre site they take a lot of pics of objects in the UK.

I was looking for a hole in the side of a ship once. Found it there. :rolleyes:

10. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

11. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

12. durika175 macrumors newbie

durika175

13. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

14. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Here's a pic that I took of a G5 a while back, if any of you want to use it for a desktop picture :)

Attached Files:

15. Hack5190 macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Im going to printshop my name on this one for passing PowerPC repairs :)

[​IMG]