PowerPC Halo Club

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ptdebate, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ptdebate macrumors 6502

ptdebate

Anyone interested in doing something similar to the PowerPC minecraft group but with Halo? I.e., a series of informal meetups for online multiplayer--PowerPC style!?

A good amount of us have acquired version 1.0 of the game. Is it still possible to play online with this version? I guess the only way to know is to try it out...

2. CapnCrunch53 macrumors member

CapnCrunch53

I've wanted to setup my own Halo PC server for awhile since I also have a few Minecraft servers running on my Linux box, but the dedicated server is Windows only and I don't really want to mess with WINE.

Does the Mac version run on the PC servers? (I've only tried the trial, which does not). If not, is there even a dedicated server available for OSX? All that's on Bungie's site is the PC server.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've played LAN games between PPC and Windows so presumably it's compatible with the dedicated Windows server too.

4. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

5. Surrat macrumors 6502

Surrat

Recently I was given a box of mac odds and ends, one of them being an original Halo macsoft game, in its jewel case.

Yesterday I installed it, but it wants a cd key, which I dont have. There is no key written on the jewel case label, so I guess its gone. I saw a message about others wanting to buy a key for it, and macsoft said they no longer hold the rights to the game. So, its impossible to get keys.

6. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

There are ways of finding valid keys. I'll just say that I had the same issue, and yet now Halo runs great on my iMac G4.

7. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Google is your friend, thats where I got my key.

8. Surrat macrumors 6502

Surrat

Thanks for the hints guys, the Halo is now working.

I tested it on my G5 Quad with nvidia quadro fx4500. The game crashes a lot, anytime I put it in timedemo mode, and when I finally left the ship, it crashed on the next cinema, or area, or whatever it had to load.

I located some patch updates here:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.com/halo.php

Not sure if I should install the 1.5 one, or the 2.0 ones.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I realise that this is no longer relevant, but just for the benefit of anyone stumbling upon this later, the key is on the back of the manual.

10. Surrat, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

Surrat macrumors 6502

Surrat

Mine had no manual, just the cd case cover picture.

Anyway, 2.0x is for the intel/ppc universal ones, 1.5.2 is for the ppc only version.

1.5.2 also has a blacklist it seems, but youtube to the rescue. :)