PowerPC UGH! intel trick?

Idiotgreenbox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
So i have a PB G4 15 inch and just replaced the HDD. I know i had Picasa on my old HDD and now it's saying i can't install because i don't have an intel based mac. All older versions say the same. I bought my mac 3 years ago from a private seller, is there any way they put a program to "trick" and make it seem as if i have an intel mac? same with flash player.. FRUSTRATED!:mad::eek:

goMac

macrumors 604
Apr 15, 2004
No. Intel machines use an entirely different machine language. Even if you did manage to trick OS X, your PowerPC wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the Intel code.

vagabondlife4me

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2007
So i have a PB G4 15 inch and just replaced the HDD. I know i had Picasa on my old HDD and now it's saying i can't install because i don't have an intel based mac. All older versions say the same. I bought my mac 3 years ago from a private seller, is there any way they put a program to "trick" and make it seem as if i have an intel mac? same with flash player.. FRUSTRATED!:mad::eek:
I would give this link a try...

http://mac.oldapps.com/picasa.php

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
ugh yea i tried that.. downloaded them all and apparently Picasa is only available for Intel macs.. Im just frustrated because i know i had it before and my girlfriend paid for it before lol..
I've been digging through google support forums and all I found were tons of unhappy folks looking for a Picasa for PPC but to no avail.

I'd like to put it on my G4 or at least have a copy to store just for such an occasion when someone may need it. May be SOL tho.

MAC MAN JW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo,Ny
It seems at lest 1 post per every month or 2 someone is asking how to "Hack" a PowerPc Mac to make it think it's a intel mac. it's getting old quick;) Just Google or Bing it and you shell have your answer:D

PowerPc-To-Intel NOT GOING TO WORK;)

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Do some searching before posting, this is often asked. It is impossible to fool your PPC to think it is a Intel machine, and there is no way to replace a PPC processor with an Intel one. Case closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.