PowerPC UGH! intel trick?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Idiotgreenbox, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Idiotgreenbox macrumors newbie

So i have a PB G4 15 inch and just replaced the HDD. I know i had Picasa on my old HDD and now it's saying i can't install because i don't have an intel based mac. All older versions say the same. I bought my mac 3 years ago from a private seller, is there any way they put a program to "trick" and make it seem as if i have an intel mac? same with flash player.. FRUSTRATED!:mad::eek:

2. goMac macrumors 603

No. Intel machines use an entirely different machine language. Even if you did manage to trick OS X, your PowerPC wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the Intel code.

3. vagabondlife4me macrumors newbie

I would give this link a try...

http://mac.oldapps.com/picasa.php

4. Idiotgreenbox thread starter macrumors newbie

ugh yea i tried that.. downloaded them all and apparently Picasa is only available for Intel macs.. Im just frustrated because i know i had it before and my girlfriend paid for it before lol..

5. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I've been digging through google support forums and all I found were tons of unhappy folks looking for a Picasa for PPC but to no avail.

I'd like to put it on my G4 or at least have a copy to store just for such an occasion when someone may need it. May be SOL tho.

6. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

It's not picasa then...
    Picasa is free...

odd...

7. MAC MAN JW macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

It seems at lest 1 post per every month or 2 someone is asking how to "Hack" a PowerPc Mac to make it think it's a intel mac. it's getting old quick;) Just Google or Bing it and you shell have your answer:D

PowerPc-To-Intel NOT GOING TO WORK;)

8. alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

Do some searching before posting, this is often asked. It is impossible to fool your PPC to think it is a Intel machine, and there is no way to replace a PPC processor with an Intel one. Case closed.