PowerPoint Calculator?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davisjw, Sep 15, 2009.

1. davisjw macrumors regular

davisjw

Greetings!

This may be too complicated/ impossible but as the friendly helpers of MacRumors have always been there, let's see what you can come up with!

I've been tapped up by a manager to create a PowerPoint to be used for final presentation of sales.

Now he asked (and I said I'd explore) the possibility of having a feature in the PP where right on the spot a company can say "we don't want this part" so we drop a cost from the overall cost and it automatically updates the overall cost.

Example (random and simple numbers):

Computer $100
    Mouse $5
    Table $50
    Total $155

So we'd have a chart with these numbers. The company we are presenting to says "I don't need a mouse" so we click a button next to Mouse and it updates the chart to read

Computer $100
    Mouse $0
    Table $50
    Total $150

Now this may be impossible to do in PowerPoint or maybe it's a complicated crack to get PP to talk to Excel better but is it possible to do it right in PowerPoint so that we can delete a product and the overall cost updates itself to show the new cost?

Sorry if this is way too left field or complicated ;)

2. covisio macrumors 6502

covisio

Well in Windoze it's:
    Insert>Object>Excel Worksheet
    All calculations can be put in here as you would in any other spreadsheet.
    Assume this is possible in Mac version

3. davisjw thread starter macrumors regular

davisjw

It is and that's where I stand currently. I was trying to make it interactive within PowerPoint itself but can't seem to find a resource to push my curiosity. It's just a pain going from one to the other :(

Thanks!