PowerPoint editor

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
AL
I'm looking for an editor for .ppt files, and hoping for something that offers a similar experience to Office PowerPoint--as far as adding notes to slides goes. What are my options?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I'm looking for an editor for .ppt files, and hoping for something that offers a similar experience to Office PowerPoint--as far as adding notes to slides goes. What are my options?
Keynote will be your best choice.

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
AL
The reviews for keynote leave a little to be desired--I this really the best choice? It seems docstogo has .ppt support, but I'm not sure of it operation.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Not sure why the reviews on iTunes might be bad but I use keynote on the iPad all the time and it works great for me.

Fleeper

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
AL
Not sure why the reviews on iTunes might be bad but I use keynote on the iPad all the time and it works great for me.

Fleeper
I downloaded both Keynote and Docs to Go. I have not had any of the crashing issues that others have expressed concern about with Keynote. However, I have only opened a select few ppt documents in the program--not enough for a good review of its performance. I don't care for the way Keynote handles notes added to slides--it will not display the notes alongside the slides. Docs to go, on the other hand, enables notes to be viewed alongside the slide--this is great for studying.. especially in and art history type class where you are taking notes on slides of artwork.

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
AL
On fatal flaw of docs to go is this.. in Word there is no spell check or autocorrect. Just thought i'd mention that for anyone buying this app.