PowerPoint for Mac Autosave? Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gregio, Dec 9, 2007.

1. gregio macrumors newbie

gregio

Hi. Let me preface this by saying that PowerPoint drives me nuts, but I am taking an online class, and that is all the instructor will accept. So here's my saga. I'm doing work on a presentation for one of my classes, and making a chart for one of the slides. I quit the chart and return to PPT, but everything quits! When I went to open the file, half of my slides were gone. I thought I had been saving, but possibly not. Nonetheless, I did have autosave on. Does anybody know how I can find that file? Can I find that file? I am so frustrated. Any help would be great. This is due tomorrow, so chances are I'll have to just begin again...ugh...darn you M$.

-Greg

---
    Edit: Just wanted to throw this in here incase it's relevant. I'm running OSX Tiger and Powerpoint 2004.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Huh... other Office apps save a file with the title ~[something].doc or whatever in the same folder as the original, but I just did a quick test with Powerpoint, and I'm not seeing where it drops the temp file.

Regardless, it should automatically open the recovered autosave the next time you open Powerpoint with the title "Recovered Document 1" or something to the effect. I'm guessing it actually removes it at that point, so if you didn't get that the next time you opened it...

I hope I'm wrong for your sake. Man, do I hate Office.