Powerpoint mac to PC help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sulu, Jul 8, 2007.

1. sulu macrumors newbie

Hi - this is my 1st post because normally I find what I need by searching. My problem is that I've made a ppt on my macbook (office 2004) and the images give the quicktime/tiff message and can't be seen on the PC. I do lots of ppts by just dragging and dropping images from the internet since I'm an art teacher. This one took me hours and I can't go back and do it all again. I've found out by searching that the probs may be due to in the drag and drop and possibly the file format? I have saved it as a pdf for now which works on the PC but a fews questions:
    1. Is there any simple way to fix this now without starting over?
    2. How do i avoid this in the future?
    3. the reason I drag and drop is that when I copy and paste images from the web into ppt all is get is the url and not the image, is there are better way?

Thanks in advance

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

@ 1, don't know

@ 2, you have to import your images from the Insert menu. (Insert==>Picture==>From File)

@ 3, it's because Powerpoint can't handle the images properly, this is a bug that has existed since at least the 1995 and MS seem to have no intention of fixing it (I've ran into it myself). You should right click on the image and choose "save image as" to save it.

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I dont' think powerpoint actually embeds the photos into the presentation, it just makes a link more or less to where you have the photos saved. So if you're switching between two computers and have never exported/saved the file onto another disk (which copies all the original photos onto it as well) then it just might not be able to find the photos.

That's been a problem I've had with it before. As Eraserhead said, ppt doesn't handle images well and it doesn't seen to bother MS that much.