Powerpoint music/slide show

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BLDun, Aug 13, 2007.

1. BLDun macrumors regular

I know this is probably a very simple fix but it's driving me crazy. I have a slide show in powerpoint and want to play a music track while the show is playing. When I import the trac it place a small icon on the first slide and when I start the presentation the first slide won't transition until the song is done. How do I get the trac to play in the background while the slides are moving?? I originally built this in Keynote and exported it to powerpoint. Thanks for y oru help!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

AFAIK it's not possible to have a continuous background soundfile playing in Powerpoint. I believe that they are limited to being on one slide. Can you not give the presentation using Keynote? Another option would be to export as a Quicktime movie.

3. BLDun thread starter macrumors regular

The original presentation was in keynote. This is a slide presentation for a funeral I did and some of the family wanted a copy to send to some members of the family that couldn't make it. Keynote won't work because other compuers than apple can't play it. I exported it as a quicktime movie and it separated the sound from the slide and when I try to play it the music keeps skipping and doesn't match the slides time wise. I tried putting it into imovie but again the timing was so bad that when the music was over there were still about 10 - 12 slides left. Is there any way I can take it from Keynote to a format that can be played on most comuters without having to rebuild the whole presentation again???

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Doesn't Keynote make Flash (swf) movies? These are pretty universal...

5. josta macrumors member

another option

you could take the pictures, make a slideshow in iphoto with them. Choose the
    "fit slideshow to music" option under settings. That will automatically time your slideshow to fit the number of pictures you have to the music you chose. You can then send it to iDVD or iMovie and it will be 1 file, and the music won't separate. From there it is easy to make copies for however many people you need to send it to.
    That's the basic's of how i did the slideshow for my brother's wedding rehersal dinner and it worked like a charm.

6. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

In the first slide, go to the "Slide Show" menu and chose "Custom Animation…"

Select the sound file in the list, click on "Effect Options" button. In the window that pops up chose the "Media Options" pane. Set "Stop Playing" to the amount of slides you want the music to last.

Sorted.

7. BLDun thread starter macrumors regular

8. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Once again, we see how Keynote is so much nicer than Powerpoint.

9. Gee macrumors 65816

I think that was PowerPoint they were using....

10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

But, I'd say that it is quite a bit more obvious how to accomplish his task in Keynote, compared to PPT.

11. tribalman macrumors newbie

hmmm

Belly-laugh

I am using keynote 08 and I cannot locate any of these menus. "slide show" "custom animation..." Etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks