PowerPoint on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lassonde, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Lassonde macrumors newbie

Hi, I know I can read a powerpoint presentation on keynote or directly with safari, but is there any app I could use to save a ppt presentation on my ipad and watch it without internet connection (just like ibooks with pdf's) ?

Thanks

2. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Lots of apps to save them but none that format complex presentations 100%.

PDF expert, readledocs, docs to go and good reader would all work. I use all of them and I listed them in preference order.

Best bet is to first convert to PDF then save.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

+1. This has been the most effective solution for me so far.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

SlideShark is the only "powerpoint converter" for the iPad that I've found can retain 100% of the Powerpoint animations/fonts/colors/layouts. Keynote does a good job but not if the source material does anything too fancy.

Its not perfect....for example, embedded Excel tables sometimes end up with wonky fonts that spill past the appropriate cells. But its very, very good at what it does and its currently free. You get 100megs storage with the free version but they charge if you want more. For a casual user, the free version is likely more than enough to keep 10-15 PPT's stored there at any given time.

You do need to be connected to the cloud to download the converted PPT file into the app. And you have to send your original PPT to their web service to do the conversion (I literally just did a 42-page PPT, heavy graphics and animation, this morning...5 minutes to convert it). But once you've downloaded the SlideShark file, you can run it/present it right from the app without being connected to the internet.

Highly recommended.

https://www.slideshark.com/Default.aspx

5. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

As FYI, Powerpoint and Word are native applications that come with the Plabook tablet. I have both iPad and Playbook, and always appreciated that capability of PB.

6. Lassonde thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you ! I just didn't think to convert my presentations to pdfs. I can now read them with ibooks and it's exactly what I wanted ! Thanks again!

7. dell who? macrumors member

I don't know if Powerpoint does this, but Keynote allows for slideshows to be exported as a video, which would obviously preserve the essence of the slideshow along with all the animations and transitions. I don't know exactly where to go within Keynote to do this, but I know for a fact it is possible.

8. ClaireICPS macrumors newbie

Ppt on iPad

Hi!
    To receive PPT in my iPad I use Beesy. This tool allows me to import and export my doc, to make my presentation, put comments in the margins of the doc to enrich and then back it up via Dropbox, which is very convenient!
    It's the same process for pdf, Word, Excel...

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Keynote saves it offline…