Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Lassonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Hi, I know I can read a powerpoint presentation on keynote or directly with safari, but is there any app I could use to save a ppt presentation on my ipad and watch it without internet connection (just like ibooks with pdf's) ?

Thanks

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Lots of apps to save them but none that format complex presentations 100%.

PDF expert, readledocs, docs to go and good reader would all work. I use all of them and I listed them in preference order.

Best bet is to first convert to PDF then save.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
SlideShark is the only "powerpoint converter" for the iPad that I've found can retain 100% of the Powerpoint animations/fonts/colors/layouts. Keynote does a good job but not if the source material does anything too fancy.

Its not perfect....for example, embedded Excel tables sometimes end up with wonky fonts that spill past the appropriate cells. But its very, very good at what it does and its currently free. You get 100megs storage with the free version but they charge if you want more. For a casual user, the free version is likely more than enough to keep 10-15 PPT's stored there at any given time.

You do need to be connected to the cloud to download the converted PPT file into the app. And you have to send your original PPT to their web service to do the conversion (I literally just did a 42-page PPT, heavy graphics and animation, this morning...5 minutes to convert it). But once you've downloaded the SlideShark file, you can run it/present it right from the app without being connected to the internet.

Highly recommended.

https://www.slideshark.com/Default.aspx

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Illinois
As FYI, Powerpoint and Word are native applications that come with the Plabook tablet. I have both iPad and Playbook, and always appreciated that capability of PB.

Lassonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Thank you ! I just didn't think to convert my presentations to pdfs. I can now read them with ibooks and it's exactly what I wanted ! Thanks again!

dell who?

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2012
Cali
I don't know if Powerpoint does this, but Keynote allows for slideshows to be exported as a video, which would obviously preserve the essence of the slideshow along with all the animations and transitions. I don't know exactly where to go within Keynote to do this, but I know for a fact it is possible.

ClaireICPS

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2013
Ppt on iPad

Hi, I know I can read a powerpoint presentation on keynote or directly with safari, but is there any app I could use to save a ppt presentation on my ipad and watch it without internet connection (just like ibooks with pdf's) ?

Thanks

Hi!
To receive PPT in my iPad I use Beesy. This tool allows me to import and export my doc, to make my presentation, put comments in the margins of the doc to enrich and then back it up via Dropbox, which is very convenient!
It's the same process for pdf, Word, Excel...

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

Thanks

Keynote saves it offline…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.