Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
i know if i make a ppt on my mac (or a word doc with a picture) and you send it to a pc, or try to play it off a cd on a pc, the picture wont be displayed....i find this very very annoying....is there anything i can do (easily and hassle free) that will cure this problem??

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
actually it does show the pictures, it all depends on what filetype the picture is. I have had some show and then others not show .tiff didn't show on one of mine, but .jpeg does

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you need to only see and not edit, pdf is the most reliable cross-platform format, I think. And you can make them easily from Office. And Acrobat has a full screen mode so that you can show the presentation directly from Acrobat.

Otherwise, as Eva said, there are file formats that are more reliable. I have this problem even transferring between PCs that have the same PC version of Office.... :(

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
i thought this happened with like any picture file.......if i copy a jpeg into a word doc, and then send that to my pc and open it in word, it says it cannot display the picture

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I only have problems when I copy and paste the picture. Now I save the picture to the desktop, and then insert the picture from file, into the Powerpoint. Then, when the file is transferred, the pictures work fine.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
yeah i think you are right actaully......is there a way to make it work though without having to save it?

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I don't think so. It's actually not that big of a pain though because of the function to option click. It probably seems like a pain, but once you get in the habit of saving them, you won't even think about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.