Powerpoint presentation mode- where are these pictures coming from?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ppthelpme, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ppthelpme macrumors newbie

I just gave a powerpoint presentation hooking my macbook up to a projector. I was in "presentation mode" I think it's called- where I can see my computer functioning normally and can see powerpoint's 'presenter tools' but all that's being displayed on the projector is the powerpoint itself. (excuse me, i'm clearly not very literate in these things)

Anyway, when I turned my computer on, before I got powerpoint open, (when the projector was supposed to just be displaying my desktop image) the projector was displaying this image that was my desktop image a couple of days ago. Then, when I had to restart my computer, it started displaying another random picture from my hard drive. Luckily it wasn't anything embarrassing, but how do I keep this from happening in the future? How do i control which image comes up as my background image?

Thank you so much!

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

In System Preferences>Desktop&Screensaver there is a checkbox at the bottom of the 'Desktop' window (hit Desktop tab) that says 'Change Picture' and next to it a window that selects the timing.
    If this box is checked the desktop will change periodically. Deselect it if it is.

3. ppthelpme thread starter macrumors newbie

I've never had it set to change pictures automatically. The desktop image was normal on my macbook, but weird up on the projector screen.

This has happened to friends of mine with macbooks when giving presentations too.

4. DocNo macrumors member

DocNo

I know this is an old thread, but I found it while searching so others may too. For any who feel compelled to point this out, just drop it, OK?

Mac OSX, for better or worse, treats each monitor individually when it comes to the background settings.

While you have the projector attached to your Mac, open the Desktop and Screen Saver preference pane. Notice one opens on your second display too. Note that it's settings could be and are completely different than your primary monitor or screen. On the preference pane that is one the projector display set the background to be what you want; I personally prefer to set it to black.