PowerPoint Show Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bhask, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bhask macrumors newbie

I'm a reasonably new Mac user. When I receive MS PowerPoint shows via e-mail on my iMac, a majority of the time the presentation opens (using the MS PowerPoint app) to the first slide and the computer freezes. I need to force quit. The slide show is unviewable.

Occasionally, the slide show runs, but without audio.

The same slide shows run just fine on my windows machine, but I would rather view them on my iMac.

Any clues on how I can view these PowerPoint shows on my iMac?

Thanks,

Bill

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What sort of embedded media files do they have in, it could be these causing the problem. To try and narrow it down, strip the presentation of the media files on the PC and then open them on the Mac.

3. Samwise592 macrumors regular

You could try using NeoOffice, it's maintained much better than M$ office. I went ant never looked back. You cant' beat free. :cool:

4. meeker macrumors newbie

Caused by audio files

This isn't new to Leopard - I've been having this problem with ppt presentations (slideshows) that have embedded audio since I started using Office 2004.

To prevent this from happening, start up Powerpoint WITHOUT double-clicking on the presentation (i.e. find Powerpoint under the Applications folder and start it up). Then open the problematic presentation using File->Open.

Once it's open, click on the Slideshow menu, Slide Transition... (You may have to do this for every slide, not sure). Under "Sound" select "[No Sound]". Save the presentation, and you should have no more freezes.

Anybody have any idea how to get these sounds playing properly?

5. Boobird macrumors newbie

possible solution

Found this on another site. Remove PDFMaker.lib from Office folder in Applications. Worked for me.