Powerpoint to DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smt1192, Dec 23, 2007.

1. smt1192 macrumors regular

Can you burn a powerpoint presentation to a DVD? Sorry for such a blatant question. I searched the site and couldn't find anything on it.
    Merry Christmas,
    Stephen

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

You could using iMovie - if you wanted to.

I see that was referenced in the linked thread. Sorry for the dupe.

4. smt1192 thread starter macrumors regular

5. john5789 macrumors newbie

john5789

:rolleyes:PowerPoint does not have a native feature to do that - but third party applications can do that. Not all of them do it too well - and you'll need a Powerful computer to get better results - luckily many of them have trial versions and you can check if they work for you.

Some aspects you need to pay attention to:
    1. You can not burn PowerPoint to DVD directly with out third party software, because PowerPoint is not MPEG-2 Video formats which you can burn to disc directly with common burning software like Easy Media Creator, Power2Go and so on. you need certain software to convert your PowerPoint to MPEG-2 or that software has the function of burning PowerPoint to DVD directly

2. Burn PowerPoint to DVD or disc. Commonly, there are two steps, first convert PowerPoint to a certain video format such as MPEG-2, then burn the video to disc. (Here you can use these common burning software like Roxio Creator)
    And there are some software can do this at a time

3. Put the music and the PowerPoint in the same folder, in a word, everything in the same folder to make sure you burn PowerPoint to DVD with animations, transitions and audio track retained.

Here I recommend Acoolsoft PPT2DVD