PowerPoint to FCP X Increase Quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AFPoster, Oct 14, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So I exported my PP slides into JPEGS and did a version into a movie (.mov). Choose Quality for the export to give the best quality I could. I imported this into FCP X and then exported it to h.264 and current settings to compare. The slides in the video are horrible, text got extremely blurry and smudged together. Any idea on settings to fix this?

I found prior posts on this similar thing but they were for out-dated versions of FCP and I couldn't seem to find those same settings in this version to change.

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

What codec and resolution have you chosen as settings during the export from PowerPoint?
    What resolution have you selected in FCP X and how did you export it as H.264 encoded video?
    And how did the video look inside FCP X?
    And what does the .mov look like in QT Player?

Btw, the slides' text is vector orientated, once it gets rendered into a JPEG or video, the text is rasterised, therefore scaling and too much compression is worsening the quality.

3. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

PowerPoint: File - Save as Movie - refer to image 1 attached. Didn't see anything mentioning a Codec.

FCP X: Share - Export - refer to image 2 attached.

Video in FCP X: I highlighted the TimeLine and selected Fit to screen (33%) and it looks perfect.

MOV to QT from PP: Slides look great.

Is it true that if I had Keynote and put this PP in there that I can export to FCP X with the same quality as the Keynote presentation? If so I will just buy it if that's the case.

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

I don't know about Keynote, but I see, that you have a 1920 x 1080 timeline ("Testing"), but the exported video is only 640 x 480 pixel in size.
    Is that correct?

Btw, what other options besides "Quality" does PP offer in that dropdown menu?

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm going to change the FCP X to 640 x 480 or as close as possible to that along with upping the PP to 1920x 1080 as well for the timeline.

Automatic (Normal), Size, Smooth Playback & Quality.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Typical mininum power point export size is 1024 x 768

7. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

So in that size it should be crisp? If that's the case I'll change the FCP settings to that.