Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I've been using powerpoint (office 2004) for quite some time now, but am finding it increasingly annoying to use. My biggest problem with it is the annoying "converting: Metafile" dialog that pops up just about every time I open a presentation. I think it has to do with embedded images, but sometimes I spend 2-3 minutes waiting for it to all this converting. Its highly annoying when you're trying to look something up in a ppt file.
My other problem is that for some strange reason it can't display tables that have been copy-pasted from SPSS outputs. I study marketing management so I come across these a lot!

My solution is to use keynote, but there's one small hiccup. When I change the settings in OSX to open ppt files with Keynote it doesn't have an icon! Just a blank sheet of paper (the standard unknown format icon). Anybody know how I can tell OSX to use the keynote document icon for all my ppt files?

Alternatively, does anybody have any idea how to fix those two issues I'm having with Powerpoint?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mfacey said:

Alternatively, does anybody have any idea how to fix those two issues I'm having with Powerpoint?
Sorry buddy, but you are complaining about the way that PowerPoint:mac is designed to work. Visit MacBU and give them a good talking to.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
MisterMe said:
Sorry buddy, but you are complaining about the way that PowerPoint:mac is designed to work. Visit MacBU and give them a good talking to.

Trust me, I'd love to :D

Office for mac is a pretty decent package, but powerpoint really isn't on par with Keynote as far as I'm concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.