Powersaving is making it hard to use stopwatch.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by elvislives, Jul 8, 2015.

1. elvislives macrumors regular

elvislives

So after using the Apple watch for a few weeks, I found one issue with the auto screen power down.

If you are using the stopwatch, for example to time an event, the auto screen powersaving kicks in and makes it hard to use this app accurately . Other apps do the same thing.

wish they have an option in settings, that would leave the screen on until you lower your arm.

I understand why they did this as Apple were worried about the battery like of the Apple watch,
    but at least have this as an option you can turn on...

what do you think?

moan over;)

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I think Apple had to do this to save power. The screen likely uses the most power.

3. Bromeo macrumors regular

In Watch settings you can set the Activate on Wrist Raise to return you to the last used app instead of the time screen. Another option is to just double click the crown to quickly return to the stopwatch.

I agree, though, it would be nice to have the option of making Stopwatch and Timer function like the Workout app, that is it would have some persistence when active.

One more thing... You can also set the timer as a complication, and there is the Chronograph watch face that integrates stopwatch functionality on the watch face. I guess that was two more things.

Cheers!

4. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

It will be great to be able to re-map digital crown button and side button ONLY in stopwatch mode, and only activated this re-map in Force Touch menu button when go into stopwatch app, so one could use top button to start/pause, and bottom button to reset, just like analog Chrono watch. Force Touch again will provide menu button to deactivated hard button for Chrono and get out of stopwatch app.

5. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I think what he's trying to say is that it's hard to record a "lap" accurately because by time the target is complete you probably haven't stop time yet.

Simple solution for Apple is to just ask if you want to keep the screen activate while you use the stopwatch or chrono that way you don't loose time waking up the screen to finish.

Ps. English not my native

6. elvislives thread starter macrumors regular

elvislives

I contacted Apple about this, they Have logged it... The Support Guy I spoke to agreed this was not an ideal setup, so fingers crossed for :apple:os update in future.... ;)