PowerSkin vs Mophie

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LostAggie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. LostAggie macrumors 6502

2. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Powerskin is mostly silicone with the back being plastic. Basically better drop protection but a massive lint grabber with looser fit. In last years version crap kept getting into the case.

The Mophie Helium is a waste of money in my opinion. The uncovered buttons are awful and the case for me at least had an off fit. It scuffed my antenna band after I removed my phone. The Air seems to be the case to get in terms of Mophie so far. More juice and covered buttons. Not to mention the protection band that the Plus from the iPhone 4 variant had.

The Powerskin and the Helium both have 1500 mHa with for me was actually ok when I used the Helium for a week though more power is always a good thing. Pick your poision in terms of design but the Air seems to be the better product but then again, no one has one of either yet. Judging by design alone and past use with last years iPhone 4 Powerskin the Mophie was the better and safer choice. My Powerskin always ran super hot.

Just my two cents but again, no one has the Powerskin or the Air yet. Specs and reputation alone is what I made my decision on.