PowerSupport Air Jacket & White iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LevMac, Aug 13, 2009.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys, for all of those who have the PowerSupport Air Jacket (clear) for the iPhone, especially if it's white, I understand that you have to put those circular clear stickers on the back of the iPhone before you put the clear crystal hard shell on the back....

My question is, do those circular clear stickers leave marks on the back of the iPhone itself ?? Say after a month of being stuck onto the iPhone, I would hate it if there are circle marks left on the back of the iPhone itself....

Anyone had any experience ?

2. lavinci macrumors 6502

I would just suggest getting the white air jacket

3. jacobgaul macrumors regular

what stickers? i dont have any stickers on the back of my phone and im using the crystal air jacket

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Nope they won't. Just be careful on putting on and off this Air Jacket case, if you do it improperly your bezel might get scratched. The cons I saw in this case was the dust easily gets inside because of the gap made by the stickers, thus would make it easily scratched :(

5. jacobgaul macrumors regular

ive read that the incipio is even thinner then the airjacket is there any truth behind this?

i want to get a few colors of these jackets but @ 20 a pop it can add up quick

6. lavinci macrumors 6502

I don't know about the thinness but the air jacket is fairly thin to begin with. I do know the incipio also protects the top part of the iphone also.

7. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i wish they sold the incipio in stores, radioshack only carrys black/red i want the blue and green but i want to see them in person first.

8. mrXniick macrumors member

The incipio feather is the nicest ultra-thin case for the iPhone IMO. It is the thinnest on the market, and just feels nice in the hand. I have a friend who had the power support air jacket, and it is slightly thicker than the feather, scratches easier, protects less and does not feel as nice. Go with the feather, you won't regret it. Still one of my favorite cases

9. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey Rayfire, thanks for the reply back.

The only thing im worried about, is the circular stickers leaving actual marks on the back of the iPhone when peeled off ?

jacobgaul, you should have got a little piece of paper with peel off circular stickers in the packaging if you bought the clear crystal airjacket, it states that if you have the white iPhone, to prevent "grey spots" appearing on the back of the iPhone, to position one of these stickers on the top of the phone and one down the bottom, which stops the case "pressing" against the body of the phone...

10. jacobgaul macrumors regular

yep found them.. they dont work for ****.. now i get grey marks on the stickers themselves lol. oh well im gonna switch to the incipio now :eek: now to figure out green yellow or blue in the neon colors

11. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

jacobgaul, hehe yeah im sure you do get the grey spots over the stickers...

All im wanting to know is, after time, if I were to peel off the stickers, would they leave marks on the iphone ? I would hate to have circular marks (prints) of where the stickers used to be stuck onto....

12. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

After my less than a month use of that case, I saw none. I had a white iPhone 3G when I used this case.

13. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i wish there was some place that was selling these incipio's cheaper then $18-$20 each, i contacted them and asked them for some sort of a discount because i plan on ordering 6 different colors to match outfits lol. but they never replied, wirelessrage has 10% off coupon but that doesnt really make a difference i was looking for 20-25% off but cant find any yet. shucks.