PowerSupport anti-glare film

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edere, Jul 31, 2010.

1. edere macrumors member

I just got my PowerSupport films for the front and back of my iPhone 4 and replace the BodyGuardz films that I had on previously. Here a a few quick shots of the iPhone with the anti-glare film on the front, and regular glossy film on the back. Although for some reason, I can't get the film to stick 100% on top right corner above the camera lens on the back.

The anti-glare film does take away from the awesome retina display, but it still looks amazing when sitting next to my 3G also with a PowerSupport anti-glare film on it.

Attached Files:

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Awesome! Thanks for posting. Looking forward to losing the Griffin anti-glare front and invisible shield back. I love power supports' protectors.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same here. The ones that I bought from AT&T, can't compare to the quality ones that are sold directly from Apple.

4. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I'm still yet to see a difference between the expensive screen protectors and the ones I get on eBay...

5. Dex4788 macrumors member

Is the slight loss in clarity worth it for when you have to use the display outdoors? I can settle for that as long as the trade-off is worth it.

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Nice job on applying that protector! Did it require liquid when you apply them like the ZAG Invisible shield?

I have the zag invisible shield and if I look at it at an angle like your photo then its got the orange peel look (and feel) where as yours look super clear.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Completely. Couldn't use my phone outside with invisible shield, was too glossy and smudgy. Got the griffin and thats a crappy anti-glare and its much better. Can't wait for powersupport.

8. edere thread starter macrumors member

No liquid needed to apply the film since it's just a static film. I've previously tried the Invisible Shield on my 3G and didn't like it because of the orange peel look and feel, and I switched to BodyGuardz to protect the back. But I've always used the PowerSupport films for the front because it's really smooth and is relatively smudge resistant.

9. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Where did you buy them? still says "pre-order" on the official website.

10. edere thread starter macrumors member

I pre-ordered on the 23rd.

11. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Do you get them for anti-glare purposes or are you worried that the screen might scratch?

My previous iPhone 3G and 3GS were both protected by the anti-glare film from powersupport, just to avoid them from being scratched. To my surprise though, when I was in line for iPhone 4 yesterday, there is a guy in front of me showed me his completely beat up iPhone 3GS. Plastic's all cracked, but the glass is spotless...

I am debating hard to get or not to get a screen film this time around :rolleyes:

12. edere thread starter macrumors member

I bought it for both reasons. I figure I'd be a little cautious with my $300 purchase. And I do like the anti-glare because it reduces the reflections and smudges on the screen.

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Is it just me or is it not as precisely cut as you'd expect from a PS product

14. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

I really wanted to like the PS anti-glare...

Since I ran it on my 3g, but I HATED it on my ip4. Looked horrible.

Glad you like yours OP. Just going to have to suppress my OCD-ness and not wipe my screen every 30 minutes with my shirt (yeah right!!)

15. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Some of the screen protectors that I bought from eBay didn't fit as well as the ones that came from Apple. :(

16. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Powersupport is my favorite brand for screen protector :)

Like it much better than invisible shield, especially after 6 months (my co-worker's invisible shield turned yellow and peeling off near the edge, while my powersupport anti-glare film look almost the same as when I first bought it).

17. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

+1 :D always there is a backup of clear set just in case needed to replace the anti glare

18. screamace macrumors member

I just put on the PS AG films on my iphone 4. Got a little bubble around the front facing camera, but otherwise very easy to install.

You can definitely noticed the difference before and after putting on the AG films. But the screen looks amazing and now I don't have to worry about the messy fingerprints. I think a little loss on clarity is the sacrifice worth making.

Also, I'm using the PixelSkin HD and so far it hasn't peeled my PS AG films. And yes, the same case peeled the SGP Ultra Clear like crazy.

19. thesumokid macrumors newbie

20. Smacky macrumors 6502

I just installed mine, I notice on the back, the top left corner is like lifted up, exactly like in your pictures. Has yours settled down at all or is it still lifted a bit?

21. edere thread starter macrumors member

I never went away so I called up PowerSupport and told them about the problem. After emailing the pictures to them they sent me a new replacement film for the back, which doesn't have any problems at all.