PowerSupport Anti-glare "Revision 2"

Saberon2014

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Anyone tried them out or have pictures of them installed? They have better cutouts and are slightly wider than ones sold at the Apple store.

Model # PYC-02 and PYK-02 are from PS directly with the updated design.

Model # PYC-02AJ and PYK-02AJ are from the Apple Store with the narrower design

izzle22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Anyone tried them out or have pictures of them installed? They have better cutouts and are slightly wider than ones sold at the Apple store.

Model # PYC-02 and PYK-02 are from PS directly with the updated design.

Model # PYC-02AJ and PYK-02AJ are from the Apple Store with the narrower design
I ordered mine straight from PowerSupport. Just shipped yesterday so I have not seen it yet.

Saberon2014

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Could you please post pictures after installation? I'd very much appreciate it!!

appleii.c

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2013
Just ordered a set yesterday directly from PS. Product Code: PYC-01 (the crystal ones). I'll definitely post pics once I get them installed.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I'd be interested too. I currently have the ones from the Apple Store on my iPhone 6 Plus and would like to know if these are a better fit.

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Just received my crystal film and I can confirm that the cut outs are back to PS quality. Unlike the Apple store version.

The home button cut is precise along with the front cam and speaker. Obviously the edges cut off where the curves begin but I am overall happy that this is back to the finish we are all used to from PS

Saberon2014

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Mind posting pics with iPhone on and off sleepyking? I know it's not the anti-glare, but I'm more concerned with the fit than the finish of the protector.:D

Bamff

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
So, PS rushed out and released an obvious inferior product to the masses, and they revise 2 weeks later to one that's way better... Many were not pleased with the fittment of the first release. PS must have gotten many complaints on this one. Tough luck to those who bought the first one from apple with no other options from them. Not good for a company so many people purchase from...

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
the cut outs are better but still only covers the display. I posted pics on the other power support thread but it only shows the home button cut out.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
So, PS rushed out and released an obvious inferior product to the masses, and they revise 2 weeks later to one that's way better... Many were not pleased with the fittment of the first release. PS must have gotten many complaints on this one. Tough luck to those who bought the first one from apple with no other options from them. Not good for a company so many people purchase from...
To be fair this applies to pretty much all screen protector brands. If you read the various threads on these forums they have all rushed out products before knowing what they are dealing with. I am disappointed Apple chose to carry the PowerSupport screen protectors when they weren't obviously ready for sale design wise.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
interesting...PS specifically told me the revision 2 would indeed cover the curved portion of the screen too. little disappointed, but will likely still use.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
Looks terrible. I'd rather buy Apple Care then put a lame sticker that doesn't cover the entire screen.

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
looks like even the plastic based protectors are having a difficult time with the curved edges.

i think i'll stick with glass for this iteration of the iPhone as well. anyone know if powersupport has plans to make that "semi-glass" protector they made for the 5S for the 6 and 6+ (the tempered glass-like one)?

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
interesting...PS specifically told me the revision 2 would indeed cover the curved portion of the screen too. little disappointed, but will likely still use.
They never told that it would cover the curved part. They specifically said that it will be a tighter fight but won't go to the curved part of the screen.

That is still better looking than other plastic protectors

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
They never told that it would cover the curved part. They specifically said that it will be a tighter fight but won't go to the curved part of the screen.

That is still better looking than other plastic protectors
True, it looks better than the other option, but alas they did tell me they were going to have one that covered the entire screen, curved edges and all. Oh well I guess.

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
True, it looks better than the other option, but alas they did tell me they were going to have one that covered the entire screen, curved edges and all. Oh well I guess.
Maybe they will produce another protector series which is edge to edge later on.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Maybe they will produce another protector series which is edge to edge later on.
Seems there will indeed be a Revision 3 of this product - I emailed PS a couple days ago to confirm that the new ones were shipping (more so as a reminder to them that they said they'd ship me a new set since I was unhappy with the originals) and he told me that while this Revision 2 is an improvement, they are still working on making a film to cover the entire face of the phone.

So there will be a Revision 3, at some point.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I'm not understanding this whole edge to edge with a dry application. how do you expect a dry application to hug the curves of the screen? I don't see it happening. the wet type, yes zagg and ghost armor makes it but they suck and always have the orange peel affect.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I'm not understanding this whole edge to edge with a dry application. how do you expect a dry application to hug the curves of the screen? I don't see it happening. the wet type, yes zagg and ghost armor makes it but they suck and always have the orange peel affect.
Who knows, PS may be working on a wet film? They haven't specified. I don't see how it would necessarily lift even if it just had regular adhesive. Static cling, maybe, but if it had real adhesive on it it may not lift. Plenty of stickers on curved surfaces out there that don't lift.