PowerSupport Crystal Film - Washable?

gottem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Hi guys

i recently bought the crystal film set and messed up one of my films cause dust got caught under. is there anyway to wash these films and if so what should i use and how should i let it dry without dust sticking to it?

thanks

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Just take a piece of tape and gently lift it up enough to use another piece of tape to remove the dust. (sticky side of course ;) ) Then just lay the film back down and carefully remove the tape you used to lift it up and you're all done.:)

gottem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Just take a piece of tape and gently lift it up enough to use another piece of tape to remove the dust. (sticky side of course ;) ) Then just lay the film back down and carefully remove the tape you used to lift it up and you're all done.:)
i tried that using scotch tape, but the tape left some sort of mark after i removed the tape.

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK
Hi guys

i recently bought the crystal film set and messed up one of my films cause dust got caught under. is there anyway to wash these films and if so what should i use and how should i let it dry without dust sticking to it?

thanks
Make sure you remove it from the phone if you intend using a dishwasher, my phone's never been the same.

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Hi guys

thanks
Sorry man, The tape trick has worked for me in the past. You could always use the other one since they come in 2 packs. :)

gottem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
i went to the apple store today and got it swapped for a anti glare set. no questions asked. great service :)