Powersupport crystal screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brucele, Oct 10, 2012.

1. brucele macrumors newbie

Does anyone know which stores in NYC carries iPhone 5 powersupport crystal screen protectors? I don't live in the US but will be visiting NYC at the end of the month. Thx

2. Dukat macrumors regular

I think Apple stores carry them, but they haven't released film for the iPhone 5 yet.

I ordered the film from www.Truprotection.com , it's the US branch of PowerSupport 2 days ago and it already shipped. Power Support confirmed it's the same film, they just seem to have gotten inventory of the iPhone 5 films first.

3. jekim macrumors member

I just ordered these as well. Use promo code AKFEST for 15% off

4. tsboy69 macrumors regular

I cancelled my Tru matte film when I discovered it was not in stock, but shipping in mid-October.

In talking to the customer service person, he said a distinction between Tru and PS is that the PS will fit perfectly. The tru is not cut as precise.

Makes no sense to me, but I guess I'll wait for the PS. Loved it on my 4

5. Dukat macrumors regular

Find that hard to believe as it's the same company and if it fits poorly everyone will request a replacement. Hopefully that's not the case. I'll post my experience when it arrives.

6. docprego macrumors 65816

They carry the anti-glare protectors, not the crystal. They used to carry both but stopped a few years back. I used to always get a 2 pack with each new iPhone purchase, it's hard to understand why they stopped carrying the crystal.

7. Dukat macrumors regular

Interesting tidbit.. when I ordered from Tru Protection, the order confirmation and shipping came from Power Support.

8. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

9. Dukat macrumors regular

10. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I just went to both websites and the image actually looks different on the product pages. The tru shows the big cutout while the ps shows two individual ones.

11. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

maybe its the same material as PS but that big cutout looks sloppy and hideous...

12. Dukat macrumors regular

This sucks. I'd never have ordered if I realized they used a huge lazy cutout.

Emailed them asking how I can exchange for a proper Power Support one.

13. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Just got my Tru-Protection. I have always went with Power Support. Mine seems to be fit just right and the big cutout doesn't look bad to me. I called and talked with 3 different people from power support and the only difference is the cutout, from what they said.

14. tsboy69 macrumors regular

Maybe that's what the customer service meant about the diff. between the two. The materials are supposed to be the same, but maybe the PS version is cut for the holes better than the hat shaped Tru.

15. Dukat macrumors regular

I emailed Tru Protection asking for a refund or exchange for the Power Support cut ones but haven't received a response in 5 business days.

16. c2c macrumors member

Power Support from Japan

Just picked up the AirJacket with AFP Crystal in Japan and it looks exactly like it shows on Power Support's site. Not boxy like the one on truprotection.

Attached Files:

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Want!

18. Slightly Hyphy macrumors member

When is PS going to come out with cases in the US? Also, will the cases come with screen films or do those need to be purchased separately?

19. c2c macrumors member

I think end of this month or next. The cases do come with the screen films and mine came with a crystal AFP and an anti-glare films.

20. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Glad to see it's out, I get to Tokyo next week and cannot wait to get rid of the POS overpriced Zagg junk I got fooled into buying.