PowerSupport Film iPhone 4S White Install Tips + Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eddyisgreat, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Tips for a good install :

A) Get good films. The power support films are highly regarded and I've used them for several years.
    B) Apply as soon as you get your iPhone. I wouldn't even take off the protective cover until I had the films in hand. This makes it easier to apply without bubbles and lint.
    C) The white is particularly agonizing. Apply it to to the top and work your way down. Watch out for the shadows for the cutouts because it's extremely easy to line it up wrong, particularly under intense lighting sources.
    D) If you get lint, don't panic. The power support kit includes tape that you can use to lift the protector and stick to the underside of the protector to capture the lint. Raise it only as high as required to reach the lint, press down to get the lint then remove the tape and replace.
    E) Good luck and have fun l0l

Attached Files:

2. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Looks clean..yeah I love power support been using them..great customer service.. mine had burs on the side so they sent me another one for free:)

3. estockme macrumors regular

how many layers are already on the screen? Why not ship it with a plastic layer on top that people have the option of removing? I mean... I know why. but still.

Is it true apple will install your 3rd party protectors for free in their magic backroom?

4. michaelz macrumors regular

Does the proximity sensor still work?

Does proximity sensor work after you apply the film? Mine stopped working...:(

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That's weird. The sensor is not touch sensitive so the clear protector should not have any effect on it.

6. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

yup. working fine.

7. McWaffles macrumors regular

which powersupport are you using? anti-glare or crystal clear?

8. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

Crystal Clear. The dimness may be because of my camera angle and flash setting.

9. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Just letting you guys know, the crystal screen protector gets dirty after a year or so and it'll make your screen look really dull. Cleaning the protector has no help either. Went and bought the anti-glare today to replace. Looks great :cool:

10. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

I have one that's been on my iPhone 4 (actually still on) for a year and some change. Looks great around the screen area. The edge portions are the most screwed up and that's because the case that I have (contour showcase) keeps the dust and grime locked in that area.