Powersupport + Remax edge to edge glass protector = Perfect combination

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hidehide, Dec 26, 2014.

1. hidehide macrumors 6502

Hi all, I would like to share with you guys that I have finally found the best combination of case and even protector for myself.

Case : Powersupport smoke air jacket (wont be talking much here as there is a dedicated thread of it)
    Screen protector : Remax edge to edge glass protector 0.2mm

The powersupport I ordered is Japan version which comes with a clear screen protector which doesn't protect the edge of the screen. I have been using it for 2 months, but am not satisfy with it since it has break the flow of back page swiping gesture as the screen protector ends right at the edge of the screen.. After months of waiting, edge to edge screen protector starts to come out. Still being skeptical on their quality, I decided to try to order from Taobao (China ebay) since a few of users reported that they are actually quite good quality and cheap. So I ordered this remax 0.2mm edge to edge glass protector for USD7 shipped (well, I have an address to receive from China, that's why I got free shipping). I just put that one, and im quite surprised that the fitting is perfect. Although the protector is 0.2mm thick, it actually matches perfectly with the thickness of the powersupport air jacket. Now im able to get back the smooth back page swiping gesture without the flow of the motion being disturbed.

Here is some screenshot of the products:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Is the case snug? Mine has slight movement along the bottom right corner.

3. puma1552 macrumors 601

Meh, that screen protector isn't edge to edge. Still falls a bit short.

4. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

If you squeeze it hard, there will be some movement.. But I guess that's the trade off for full protection on all 4 sides.. If they make it perfectly fit, we wont be able to get it in..

----------

True though.. Need to accompany with a case as oppose to naked..

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

I think that's the biggest issue, if anyone makes a true edge to edge protector, then you can't really use any kind of case.

6. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

And then they will also have to make an edge to edge back protector as well..
    As stated in some websites, the curve edge made from different factories are not exactly the same, there are tolerance level. This make true edge to edge to be impossible..

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I actually like this screen protector. The fact that it doesn't go all the way to the edge preserves the curvature of the device while still covering more screen than most non-edge-to-edge SPs.

Available in the US?

8. hidehide, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

They don't officially sell it in US. Just check ebay and found there are stores shopping worldwide..
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/141518281251?nav=SEARCH
    Or you could find agent that helps to place order and ships to the States...

9. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I have the "force" version of that case. Same color. I didn't like it at first but after a few days it really grew on me. Now it's the only case I'll use.

10. shamashu macrumors regular

Is the painted bezels made of plastic?

11. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

Im not am expert of this, but it does feel the same as the screen area which is tempered glass and also scratch resistant..

12. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

The Mime color glass is the same, doesn't go all the way to the edge but better than this glass because it's all black once install on the phone. It doesn't have that white outline around the screen like this and a few other chinese glass like the benks and nillkin.

13. hidehide, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the only thing im complaining right now..
    But do you know how thick is the Mime color glass? They didn't say on their site. But I think I will settle with this cheap one first ($7 vs $29) and wait for a few generation improvement before spending some bucks on a good one.