PPC 10.4.11 Update Screws up Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iLoveiPod, Nov 15, 2007.

1. iLoveiPod macrumors regular

Just letting all you PPC users out there know, the 10.4.11 update makes safari quit every time you exit out of a window. The safari 3 beta i had before the update worked perfectly, only quit randomly about once ever few weeks. It doesnt matter how many windows you have open in safari, if you exit one, you exit them all. Just givin' the heads up!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Works fine on my Mac mini G4.

Just because your Mac has issues, doesn't mean that all PPC Mac users will have the same problems....
    :rolleyes:

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. iLoveiPod thread starter macrumors regular

My mac didnt have any issues until after the update. Its all good though, ill just install the previous version again.

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

No problems on my G5. Do you have any extenders or enhancers installed?

7. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I know someone who had this problem, after installing 10.4.11, on a PPC mac. He had a speed download plug-in installed. He removed this plug-in, and has had excellent experience since.

There are discussions on this at Apple's boards, but you may have to sift through a lot of stuff to find what you're looking for.

8. iLoveiPod thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, no speed enhancers...but expanders? Could you explain what you mean. Thanks.

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Any sort of third-party plug-in or tweaking tool...ad-blocking like PithHelmet, search tools like Inquisitor or AcidSearch, slideshow plug-ins like PicLens...

Anything?

10. iLoveiPod thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, only kind of addon i have is flip4mac. no other enhancers or anything like that.