PPC Modders [Los Angeles?]

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by abbotkinneydude, Jul 12, 2014.

1. abbotkinneydude macrumors member

Hello everyone,

My two PPC MDD G4 have been pushed extensively over the years and their respective internals have become quite a mess (each unit is using an ATX PC Power Supply).

I'm wondering if anyone on these boards knows a modder in the Los Angeles region who can reshape / clean up the inside of an MDD? (extend the atx power supply cables, drill screw holes / attach the power supply to the case without velcro, add extra fans, etc.).

Maybe there are PC firms who already do this but, after looking at Yelp, I couldn't find anything tangible in the region.

Thanks.

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Do you have any pictures of what it currently looks like?

3. abbotkinneydude thread starter macrumors member

Will post those next week-end. Am expecting new fans this week (Scythe Slip Stream for the main fan, Sunon for the optical) plus Arctic MX-4 (supposed to be better than the Arctic Silver 5) so I'll be "operating" both units. Am also adding a blu-ray drive for the fun of it on the dual 1.25 (I know PPCs can't play Blu-Ray but the price difference between a regular Pioneer combo drive and a Blu-Ray drive / DVD drive with the Addonics SATA adapter isn't much those days).

4. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

What do you use these machines for? Just curious :)