PPC screen recording software.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Intelligent, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

I know this forum section is for PowerPC (HARDWARE), i would ask this in the OS X section but then i would get wrong answers.

Does anyone know a screen recording software that works with PPC computers running X10.0-10.4?

2. harrymatic macrumors 6502

3. tampasteve macrumors 6502

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

ScreenFlow is pretty highly regarded. The final version for PowerPC is 2.1.10. There is both a free version and paid, with the free having a watermark.

5. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I'd stay well away from Screenflow on the PowerPC side. It's ridiculously heavy on the CPU & takes an age to export each capture.

6. RedCroissant Suspended

Are you looking only for screen recording without audio at the time? The reason I ask is because I think Quicktime has this feature for at least a screen recording and then you could always play that and lay down an audio track and then merge them using iMovie.

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Sadly, Apple added that functionality in QuickTime X. The highest PowerPC will run is QuickTime 7.6. Not even QuickTime Pro has those features in 7.6 :(.

8. RedCroissant Suspended

Oh, well all right then!

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Sorry. I wish Apple added it? Did you get that printer working, RedCroissant?

10. RedCroissant Suspended

Yeah, me too. I don't really need it though so at least I'm not inconvenienced about it.

And nope. I'll figure it out though when I have extra time to dedicate just to that task.

11. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Okay, when you get the time, check out that link. I got a similar model working and I would be more than glad to extract that one package for you.