PPD graph with hardware

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by ChristianJapan, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

dear fellow folder,

I always wanted to have a PPD graph which also include hardware information and allowing comparison between.

Finally I have a version I'm happy with (still bumpy) and willing to share: http://ppd.fahmm.net

BUT: I need more data.

Would you guys be willing to share some/many of your folding log files with me; using the write-only Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/5rabRYbsGm2jmOq0xDoB

Yes, with your log files ou share your donor name, team, hardware and performance with me; your passkey is safe as not visible part of the logfile. Your data will allow me to produce graphs like this:

IMG_0038.jpg

If you think: hey, that's cool ... them please share your data with me. Not only high performance cards like 1070/980Ti; but also slower GPU and any CPU is welcome too.

Thanks in advance for your support !

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

cool christian! i will try to add some data either later tonight or tomorrow night.

3. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I won't be able to add anything to this until probably Tuesday. Out of town for the weekend. But yeah I'd be glad to contribute.

4. rwh202 macrumors regular

Looks good. Yeah, I can post some folding logs.
    Any chance you can make use of HFM logs too? An export from there is a lot easier and includes 15 rigs in one go? I might just need to manually label the hardware running on each slot.
    Also, thinking about it, you might need to be careful when using logs from mixed GPU rigs - the client normally swaps the names around - you might find a gt 730 doing 350k ppd and a 1060 doing 12k !

5. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Thanks guys, it all depend on data ... would be glad if you could use the Dropbox link.

Can you share me a HFM log file, I never used that tool ...no idea what's in, but assume it should be easy to incorporate.

As for messed-up hardware ... not much I can do ... except some plausibility checks with help from avg() and stdev(). Similar issue I have with overclocking (e.g CPU say it 4.2ghz but run on 4.7; have such case).

But still it gives some idea.

6. rwh202 macrumors regular

Cool. 83 MB of logs from the 4 machines within arms length are uploading now. I'll try and send over a HFM log later.

7. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

8. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

On windows e,.g. CWD: C:/Users/<user->/AppData/Roaming/FAHClient
    On Linux /var/lib/fahclient

Mac not sure ...

If you run FAHControl you can see the working directory in the header; of interesst Ian the file log.txt and the cot the of folde logs

Thanks for sending m

9. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Logs incoming