PPI, 4K and IPP 12 retina display

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pr0230, Nov 25, 2016.

1. pr0230 Suspended

SO, I have an iPad 4 128gb and works great. I would love to buy an IPP 12 inch but to spend 1K bucks for a few inches of the SAME retina display does not justify the purchase for me... I know more ram, faster cpu, but Like I said mine is working just fine for what I do... For me BETTER resolution would make the deal. But WILL the IPP pro PPI EVER go up???...

So what is the IPP PPI - 264... and My iPad 4 is Oh wait... 264 PPI... Apple has NOT increased it in ? how many years....
    I have an iPOD Touch 4 it has 326 PPI ... The iPad Mini is also 326 PPI and the 7+ is a whopping 401... Geese...

So Just so the facts are straight here... 4K displays now are selling for WAY less that 1K dollars.. and 4K is 3840 X 2160... Interesting that a 4K tv at 70 inches is a LOWER PPI than a 60 inch TV... I did not know that... https://www.noteloop.com/kit/display/pixel-density I know I switched to TV's here but if a 60 inch TV WITH 4K can be sold for 600 bucks, Cant an IPAD at 12 inches have the same 4K?

And YES, the IPP 12 has more Pixels that the MS surface PRO4 or the Samsung Pads....

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

Maybe next time your retina gets an update, that would be the best time to update the display resolution. ;)
    But then again, I cannot identify a single pixel on any of the retina screens in normal use, so I doubt I would gain any advantage from 4K on those small displays.