ppt/doc to pdf converter app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by superspiffy, May 4, 2011.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

My lecture slides are always ppt but I need to be able to convert them to PDF on my iPad for my annotation and note taking apps. Anything out there? Ive heard that iannotate can do this but I don't want to spend $10 for an app unless there's nothing cheaper.

2. epicmar macrumors regular

I searched and could not find anything that looked like it would do the job except Save2PDF and yes $10 seemed like a high price for converting files to PDF.

3. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you have Keynote? This app will do exactly this- but unless you already have it, or would find it useful in itself as a presentation app, it's still an expensive $10 to buy....

4. psonice macrumors 6502a

You can do it for free, very easily, if you can convert them on your mac. No software needed too.

Just open the files (in keynote, powerpoint, or whatever you normally use). Go to the file menu, and print. See that PDF button at the bottom? That lets you save a PDF :) You can make a PDF like that from almost any app - so long as it prints, it saves PDFs.

5. epicmar macrumors regular

Yes - I can do that on my desktop, but I purchased Save2PDF for the times when I get a Word document as an email attachment and I am not at my desktop - I convert it to PDF for better viewing and for annotation purposes.