Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makendu

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2015
This is the 2nd time i have gotten this running there diagnostics they replace it once already and now month or two later I'm getting this again PPT004

The battery requires service. The battery is not functioning normally, though you may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds. You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer.

Its also saying i have 161 battery cycles and there is no way i have that

What should i do?

WhatUp?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
This is the 2nd time i have gotten this running there diagnostics they replace it once already and now month or two later I'm getting this again PPT004
Same here, although it stopped giving the error for about a month and started again 2 days ago. I still got several months on the warranty, so I'm going to wait.

jerryk

Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Same here, although it stopped giving the error for about a month and started again 2 days ago. I still got several months on the warranty, so I'm going to wait.

Why wait? Take it in. The may decide to just replace the unit since the quick fix did not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.