Practical Joking

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Macman45, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I live in a very quiet close, up a lane by the River Taff in Cardiff.

I bought my place about 8 years ago and neighbours quickly discovered that I was (at the time) running my own IT business.

Alway's the helpful chap, when asked to install wifi networks printers etc, I was happy to help.

My next door neighbour has learned a lot, and on my recommendation purchased a wireless Epson printer. It get's funny, honest/

Since I know every passcode to every router in the road (this was asked for by all in case they lose them)

I soon found a way of really freaking out my neighbour.

When his printer is online (which is pretty much always, I accessed it, and sent him 20 pages of jokes from humour.org.

Nothing happened until the next day, when he knocked on my door declaring that his computer had an issue. :D

We are close friends, and he saw the funny side of it,but what other pranks have you played like this?

Hope I have not opened a can of worms :)

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

We would always do the game of taking a screen shot of someones desktop and hiding the toolbar so that they thought their computer was broken. (Windows machines).

Or there was always remoting in and disabling DHCP which would boot them off the network (again, on Windows machines).

3. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Ha ha

I remember it well....Frantic clicking achieving nothing :)