iPad Practice Entering DFU Mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by davyvfr, Apr 9, 2013.

1. davyvfr macrumors regular

Hello,

From my understanding, DFU restore is a necessary skill when jailbreaking. Is it possible to practice entering DFU mode? I don't want to re-install the OS on my iPad, just get the feel for it

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

It's my understanding that dfu mode is more for restoring to remove all traces of jailbreaking. Plug your phone into your computer and hold the home button and power button until the phone shuts off. When the phone shuts off let go of the power button and hold the home button for about 3 seconds. If it worked the screen will be black and iTunes will tell you it detected that the phone is in restore mode.

3. davyvfr thread starter macrumors regular

So, I assume I could do this for practice?

4. dextr3k macrumors 6502

well, you can practice getting into it. But you'd have problems getting out of it, and need a program to kick it out. Not sure if it is wise.

I would just leave it, if one day you need to, you can spend the time to learn how to do it. It is relatively easy

5. 64Mario64 macrumors regular

You just hold the power button to get out. New jailbreaking methods don't require it.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

You can't just hold the home button and power button and do a hard reset to get out of it?

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

just hold the home and power button to get out of dfu mode

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

go on youtube search how to DFU watch a few videos I think you will see it's not rocket science. Iclarfied has a great tutorial along with tutorials on how to jailbreak.