Praise for staff members

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ardchoille50, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I just wanted to take a moment to say an official "thank you" to the MacRumors staff. I report threads/posts that I feel need attention and the staff here are always taking care of things in a timely manner, they also include a notification regarding the state of the report. Sometimes I add a question into the report and the reply I receive from the report always includes an answer to that question. I remember one time when my report included an apology in case I was making too many reports that day, and the reply from the staff included something to encourage me to continue reporting.

The staff here is awesome, just wanted to say Thank You folks for working to keep MR a wonderful place. Considering what you folks do, your work can't always be easy. I just want you all to know that your efforts are greatly appreciated :)

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I second these sentiments! Having been a mod on other forums in the past, I know how stressful situations can become at times, especially in dealing with human nature. MR is exemplary in how things are handled -- first off, they have a large enough team to cover the site in just about all time zones, and that is important -- and secondly, everyone on the team seems knowledgeable, tactful, courteous and yet firm when need be......all good assets for any admin or mod. Kudos, guys, you're doing a great job!

And, yes, even they can't be everywhere at once when something is brewing, and so members reporting something as they notice it is definitely a Good Thing. Even a brief "Wasteland candidate here?" kind of message will alert the team to something they need to check on. Certainly if a thread discussion seems to be growing heated, that's another time to send off a report, too, before things escalate much further.

3. deany macrumors 68020

deany

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Thank you for the kind words! A lot of what we do isn't visible, and it's truly nice to hear encouragement like this. :)

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Buzzkill. :p:D

All these folks are volunteers and deserve a thumbs up now and then IMO. :)

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Nicely put @ardchoille50. Great site, great team.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

8. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

Agreed! Besides, you never catch every fish in the lake ;)

9. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

[​IMG]
    This is about as much as I can muster.

That isn't my complaint.

10. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Remind me not to battle a lion in your colosseum, Caligula. :D

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

What's a timely matter for you? Just out of curiosity, currently awaiting a moderation report for something I submitted yesterday.

12. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, considering that you submitted the report on a weekend, and that the moderators are volunteers with no permanent schedule, I would consider "a timely manner" as being a day or two for a website which has over 20 million messages and serves close to a million members. Consider that the moderators here may have families and paying jobs, yet they take time to perform duties, without compensation, for people they will likely never meet in real life.

13. C DM, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

Not only that, but depending on what is reported, there are times when even though the report has been looked at no decision has been made as it might be under discussion among a few moderators or more context relating to the report needs to be looked at and considered, all of which takes some additional time.

14. Scepticalscribe, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As this is not something which the mods do professionally, - they are all volunteers - I would regard 'timely' in this context as a reply occurring within several days.

Bear in mind, too, - as @C DM has already pointed out, that a reply may be contingent on a decision - or agreed outcome; and that is the sort of thing that can only happen after consultation and discussion among mods, which, inevitably, will take some time.

15. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

In addition, can you imagine what this site would be like if there were no form of moderators or moderation? It would be a mad house to say the least. They do a good job here. Especially for a site of this magnitude.