Praise for the rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Barney63, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

There aren't enough threads about the good points of the rMBP.
    I am extremely happy with mine and it is undoubtedly it is the best laptop I have ever owned.
    The display is marvellous, the keyboard smooth and responsive and the SSD as fast as lightening.
    I am also very impressed with the sound.
    All in all it is a great machine and a pleasure to work on.

Barney

2. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Completely agree - got mine this week and best laptop I've had. It's like the Air but better screen and very light. For someone using this at home, you don't need lighter. I love this.

3. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

I love it as well, if only the keyboard was not as shallow.

4. 827538 macrumors 65816

Had my Haswell rMBP (with dGPU) since early November and I absolutely love it. Mine is seriously abused as I game for long periods on it and it has never gone wrong in the slightest once. I bootcamp mine (mainly for gaming) and it really is the ultimate machine, it's my first Mac - after using iPods and iPhones for years.

Hugely recommended, I also got a free 3 year warranty with mine as I'm a student so means I don't have to worry about gaming on it. Just a fantastic machine, can't wait for the Broadwell/Maxwell refresh!

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Wait...wait....

Saying nice things!?

No whining, complaining, bitching and moaning!?

Are you all high!?

This is very frightening...:eek:

;):D

6. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Same here, my 13" rMBP is so far perfect! Non IR display, Samsung lighting fast SSD, superb cooling system (better than my old 13 & 15" Ivy Bridge rMBP's), nice battery life. :D

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yup, it is the best rMBP I have owned but so far PowerBook G4 and 2007 MBP did not fail on me. Thank you, Apple. :apple:

9. nvarga macrumors newbie

I have early 2013 rMBP 15" and this my first Mac. I was a little skeptical before I got it, but I absolutely love it. And I still cannot believe that I don't have to anything about OS. No drivers, no tuning, no nothing. I just works, and it works much much better than any Windows machine I had and I always had high end machines.

10. Lucille Carter, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

after years of Lenovo Thinkpads, I switched to Apple hardware and could not be more happy. Windows is very fast via BootCamp. The screen is fantastic.

I do suggest that anyone purchasing the rMBPro to get the Apple Protection Plan just in case. Lots of stuff going on in the devices, always the possibility that something could go wrong.

11. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

My (late 2013) 15-inch rMBP is the best purchase I've made by far, albeit very expensive. It is sleek and gorgeous, runs fast, screen is amazing. Everything about it makes it a great computer. I haven't had any problems listed by many of those who own this device *knocks on wood* and I've had it in my possession since the beginning of January. It really is a great computer and I have no doubt that it will last me a very long time.

12. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

I loved my 2012 15" rMBP when I owned it, but I wasn't comfortable walking around with a $3K computer strapped to my back. I ended up selling it a year later and bought a 2012 15" cMBP for $900. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. I ended up installing 16GB RAM and a Samsung 840 Evo 512 GB SSD. My cMBP is just as fast and capable, but I sure do miss the retina display and the slimness of the rMBP. It's a bittersweet computer experience for me now. :eek:

13. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

I got my first Mac(late 2013 rMBP 13") a few days ago and I couldn't be happier. I've always wanted a macbook but never wanted to spend the money. Glad I took the plunge.

The most noticeable thing for me is how quiet and cool this thing runs. My last Windows laptop would get hot enough to be uncomfortable on my lap and the fan was always running.

14. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Ouch. How did you stomach the screen and weight downgrade. I assume you needed the money more than being worried about carrying the expensive machine around? I keep mine in a Pelican case when traveling for the added piece of mind.

Anyway, this machine is quite a pleasure to use.

15. theromz macrumors regular

I have a love hate relationship with me. Since apple hates Flash it runs like **** and I tend too youtube a lot, sliver light is also pretty ****** which means Netflix experience isn't ideal. Both of these are much better on Windows.

Everything else I love, OSX is pretty awesome, didn't expect I would like it as much as I do. The hardware is hands down the best on the market too.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've said this before, the rMBP is the best laptop I've ever owned. The design, performance and thinness bring this laptop the best out there :)

17. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Click to Flash and the Click to Plugin have changed Flash for me https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/30682/clicktoflash

It gives you the option to load an MP4 video that doesn't rape your CPU like Flash does.

Its a Safari extension. Safari, IMO, is the superior browser on OS X

18. theromz macrumors regular

I use Chrome on OSX, there are a lot of plugins I still need (some are developer tools), and it syncs on all my devices easier. I have all plugins set too click too play, so I generally get HTML5 video, but some sites are still using Flash and Netflix needs Silver Light.

For generally browsing I would agree Safari is the best, you get comparable/slight better performance and less battery usage.

Either way my research as lead me to believing Apple blocks some APIs/Graphics acceleration from Flash and leads, which would explain why Flash takes 1% of my CPU on my windows machine and up too 100% on OSX. It is however a compromise I'm willing to make for better hardware and software.

19. alex.maxham macrumors newbie