Pre-Adding Contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nicholie, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Nicholie macrumors regular

Chalk this one up to the : "I think so, but I'll ask anyway" column.

As I prep for Raptor Jesus Phone on Friday, should I go ahead and begin inputting my contacts from my old Verizon phone into my Mac's address book? I have a large number of contacts, and I was hoping they'd sync over to the iPhone when I purchased it.

It'd be much easier than typing out 200+ contacts on the new phone.

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

If your on a mac try using iSync to transfer from the Verizon phone to you Address book.

3. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

i think you meant "rapture";)

i asked about this and was told you can put your old sim into the iphone, and there's an option to import the contacts and then put the original sim back.

4. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Verizon phones are CDMA and dont' have sim cards, so that not a possibility.

5. Nicholie thread starter macrumors regular

That'd require buying LG's proprietary USB cable, which is NOT going to happen. Standards people, standards please!

6. iFerd macrumors 6502a

To answer the original question, I can't see any reason why you can't enter contacts into the Mac Address Book ahead of time. Whether it is synchronized to the new iPhone depends on the settings for the phone in iTunes. You can also tell iTunes which groups from the Mac Address Book to synchronize to the iPhone, if you only want a subset of the Address Book on the phone.

I regularly enter new contacts on the Mac and they transfer automatically to the phone. And vice versa too.

7. Nicholie thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent, thank you. That is the clarification I needed. Keyboard typing skills.... go!

8. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

If you have bluetooth data on your LG you can transfer to your mac using bluetooth. I also recommend you get a free trial of .mac, so that way you can have your contacts on your new iPhone when you walk out the store.

9. Nicholie thread starter macrumors regular

Good thinking on the bluetooth, I'll give that a shot. And thanks for the tip on .Mac, but I am already a member ;).