Pre-Built maxed-out Mac-Mini Config for sale??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by m021478, Jun 7, 2009.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

I am going to be purchasing a Mac-Mini to use as the brains of my Home Theater system, and before I just go onto Apple website and purchase the most decked out Mac-Mini they offer, I wanted to know if anyone knew of a company that offers a pre-built HTPC-optimized Mac-Mini box with all the trimmings...

...and better yet, other than saving a bit of cash by purchasing the Mac-Mini RAM elsewhere and installing it myself, are there any other third-party upgrades that I should seriously consider before just buying the one that Apple offers?

Thanks!

2. fpar macrumors regular

If in the uk, micro anvika has what you are looking for. As for RAM, i would stick to apple unless you are confident disassembling a mini.

3. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

You know if you go to Apple online store you can configure it right? just change things that need changing then install plex when it arrives :D

4. mpshay macrumors 6502

Apple RAM has come down enough in price that I did not feel it was worth the trouble of ripping the case apart to install the RAM myself.

5. m021478 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I know that you can of course configure a computer purchased from the apple store...I was asking because I know you can generally save money by buying components elsewhere, and you have more choices available such as an internal blu-ray drive for your mac-mini, such as this one...