Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Got my iPhone 6 today and noticed it had extra apps on it, such as: Garage Band, iMovie, Numbers and a couple more.

I reset my phone due to it not working correctly, once reset they were gone. Is this normal? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2018
Got my iPhone 6 today and noticed it had extra apps on it, such as: Garage Band, iMovie, Numbers and a couple more.

I reset my phone due to it not working correctly, once reset they were gone. Is this normal? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.

hey man i just got an iphone 7 today and the exact same thing happened to me. did you end up keeping your 6 or having any issues with it? i just dont understand why/how those apps would be there.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
hey man i just got an iphone 7 today and the exact same thing happened to me. did you end up keeping your 6 or having any issues with it? i just dont understand why/how those apps would be there.

This is pretty old news (thread is from 2014).
Yes, iPhones come with some standard apps from Apple. That’s all.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Those are Apple's apps. Why wouldn't Apple make those handy for you?
They are free. Use them if you have the need.

Or, you can ignore/not use/uninstall those apps.
Your choice. :D

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2018
This is pretty old news (thread is from 2014).
Yes, iPhones come with some standard apps from Apple. That’s all.

i know im sorry to revive such an old thread it just bugged me out a little because i recently got a 7 plus (didn't like it-too big) & it didnt come with any of those apps so i thought maybe somehow i got a used or demo phone.
[doublepost=1515977657][/doublepost]
Those are Apple's apps. Why wouldn't Apple make those handy for you?
They are free. Use them if you have the need.

Or, you can ignore/not use/uninstall those apps.
Your choice. :D

lmao i know i have just never seen those apps pre installed on an iphone before, went thru a bunch of iphone 8's recently and none of them had them.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
i know im sorry to revive such an old thread it just bugged me out a little because i recently got a 7 plus (didn't like it-too big) & it didnt come with any of those apps so i thought maybe somehow i got a used or demo phone.

Are you sure they weren't on your 7 Plus? Pretty sure those apps come on every iPhone. You can "delete" them though, and reload them from the app store at any time if you decide that you do want them.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2018
Are you sure they weren't on your 7 Plus? Pretty sure those apps come on every iPhone. You can "delete" them though, and reload them from the app store at any time if you decide that you do want them.
100% positive they werent on there. i went thru like 4 iphone 8's around christmas time & they didnt have them on there either lmao. thats why i was sketched out.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
100% positive they werent on there. i went thru like 4 iphone 8's around christmas time & they didnt have them on there either lmao. thats why i was sketched out.

In any case it's really nothing to be concerned about. It might just depend on exactly which build of iOS the particular device is pre-loaded with.

armokid77

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2018
In any case it's really nothing to be concerned about. It might just depend on exactly which build of iOS the particular device is pre-loaded with.
that's what i was thinking. it came with iOS 11.1.2 so it's deff a newer/more recently made model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.