iPhone 6(+) Pre installed apps on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryancee, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bryancee macrumors regular

Got my iPhone 6 today and noticed it had extra apps on it, such as: Garage Band, iMovie, Numbers and a couple more.

I reset my phone due to it not working correctly, once reset they were gone. Is this normal? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes. :)

3. bryancee thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, Thank you :)

4. armokid77 macrumors newbie

hey man i just got an iphone 7 today and the exact same thing happened to me. did you end up keeping your 6 or having any issues with it? i just dont understand why/how those apps would be there.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

This is pretty old news (thread is from 2014).
    Yes, iPhones come with some standard apps from Apple. That’s all.

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Those are Apple's apps. Why wouldn't Apple make those handy for you?
    They are free. Use them if you have the need.

Or, you can ignore/not use/uninstall those apps.
    Your choice. :D

7. armokid77 macrumors newbie

i know im sorry to revive such an old thread it just bugged me out a little because i recently got a 7 plus (didn't like it-too big) & it didnt come with any of those apps so i thought maybe somehow i got a used or demo phone.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 14, 2018 ---
    lmao i know i have just never seen those apps pre installed on an iphone before, went thru a bunch of iphone 8's recently and none of them had them.

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Are you sure they weren't on your 7 Plus? Pretty sure those apps come on every iPhone. You can "delete" them though, and reload them from the app store at any time if you decide that you do want them.

9. armokid77 macrumors newbie

100% positive they werent on there. i went thru like 4 iphone 8's around christmas time & they didnt have them on there either lmao. thats why i was sketched out.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

In any case it's really nothing to be concerned about. It might just depend on exactly which build of iOS the particular device is pre-loaded with.

11. armokid77 macrumors newbie

that's what i was thinking. it came with iOS 11.1.2 so it's deff a newer/more recently made model.