Pre-installed Leopard and ED questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by G-Mac, Oct 16, 2007.

1. G-Mac macrumors newbie

looking to buy my first mac when leopard is released. been waiting like a year to finally make the switch

i would like to benefit from the free ipod nano with the student discount in UK which ends on 30th of this month.Yet i would also like to have a pre-installed leopard with my purchase.

My question is will leopard be pre-installed on a purchase on 26th - 30th period so i can be really greedy and get what i want :D

G

2. rezza22 macrumors newbie

it will most probably take a few weeks till leopard comes preinstalled in macs. they cant just magically put leopard on hundreds of thousands of macs and send them to every location in the world overnight.
    Mac does have an 'up to date' program, which means that if you purchase your mac from 1 Oct to 27 Dec, you can purchase Leopard for just 9.95. I would recommend using that, and get your ipod before the 30th. :)

3. Sandeep macrumors newbie

Actually £5.95 (inc. VAT) since the OP is talking about the UK. :)

4. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I would buy your Mac and iPod now (go with the touch), its only £6 for the upgrade which you will get when leopard is released. Also the 26th-30th covers the wekend so imo you have no chance of it shipping before the closing date of the iPod offer

This is what i did and i think the £6 price tag is fine to pay for something that is going to be costing £85 when its released

5. Sandeep macrumors newbie

That doesn't matter though, as long as the purchase itself is made within the period that the promotion is running.