Pre-installed software, No backup disks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ADAADW, May 5, 2009.

1. ADAADW macrumors member

Hey this is my first time posting but hopefully someone can help answer this question.

I recently purchased a macbook pro and got logic express 8 pre installed on it. the problem i am now having is i need to format my computer but i do not have any back up of the program. Is there any way i make a backup of the program, did it come with the disk and i'm just blind, or do i half to ask apple to send a disk? this is a huge help as i need to get things working as soon as possible. ( i have searched this online and in the forums with no luck )

Thanks again!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Where did you purchase the machine from? If it was from Apple you could call them and ask. It may be on your system restore disks.

3. ADAADW thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks Silent Panda for the response

Ill half to check the system restore disk, im assuming i can add only the logic express from the disk and not all the other apple software that comes on the restore? (don't really need all of it) im kind of new to this whole mac thing haha. And yes it was bought from apple.com, hopefully i wont half to send away for it, who knows how long that might take!