Pre Leopard 220GB Free, Post Leopard, 205GB

mrpeepers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
what gives? what am I missing? The install said it needed about 5GB, ok, so I do i need to delete some old files or something?

all i did was put the dvd in, and let it fly... so i must have UPGRADED, which I am fine with... but did the upgrade create another folder with Tiger settings that needs to be deleted at a later time???

mrpeepers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
There's lots of stuff you could have unchecked prior to installation, such as extra languages, fonts, and printer drivers.

Leopard takes up a good chunk of space
yeah, but 15GB missing? I remember reading some where that when the install occurs it just basically renames the tiger settings and installs the leopard settings. if that is true then should there be another area with tiger old files?

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
did you upgrade or achieve and install. If its the latter you will have a previous system folder.

Comment

mrpeepers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
so i downloaded whatsize...

i notice that in
machd\library\printers (3.73GB??)

Do I need all these?

Comment

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
so i downloaded whatsize...

i notice that in
machd\library\printers (3.73GB??)

Do I need all these?
No, you don't need those. Feel free to delete them. You can also just delete some of the manufactures, if you want.

If you ever get a new printer, installing 1 driver is not hard, and is hardly any space.

Furthermore, you could use a third party application to clear out foreign languages on the system. Delocalizer still works, but there are better ones, delocalizer you can find for free though. It can take a while, but it will clear out some GBs.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.