Pre Leopard 220GB Free, Post Leopard, 205GB

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrpeepers, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mrpeepers macrumors regular

what gives? what am I missing? The install said it needed about 5GB, ok, so I do i need to delete some old files or something?

all i did was put the dvd in, and let it fly... so i must have UPGRADED, which I am fine with... but did the upgrade create another folder with Tiger settings that needs to be deleted at a later time???

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

There's lots of stuff you could have unchecked prior to installation, such as extra languages, fonts, and printer drivers.

Leopard takes up a good chunk of space

3. mrpeepers thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, but 15GB missing? I remember reading some where that when the install occurs it just basically renames the tiger settings and installs the leopard settings. if that is true then should there be another area with tiger old files?

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

did you upgrade or achieve and install. If its the latter you will have a previous system folder.

5. Powermax macrumors regular

6. mrpeepers thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for whatsize... downloading now!

7. mrpeepers thread starter macrumors regular

so i downloaded whatsize...

i notice that in
    machd\library\printers (3.73GB??)

Do I need all these?

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

woah! 3 gigs of printer drivers!?!? Why does it really matter if you just lost a lot of space? you still have 200.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

No, you don't need those. Feel free to delete them. You can also just delete some of the manufactures, if you want.

If you ever get a new printer, installing 1 driver is not hard, and is hardly any space.

Furthermore, you could use a third party application to clear out foreign languages on the system. Delocalizer still works, but there are better ones, delocalizer you can find for free though. It can take a while, but it will clear out some GBs.